Friday, May 15, 2009

Reinventing the Wheel

I had a wonderful teacher and advisor in college. She was my block teacher for elementary education. She ran her "block classes" like no other, and it was incredible. She taught us how to resource instead of coming up with our own ways- she was the queen of resource, then tweak. Gleaning is a skill, and a very valuable one! I took her teachings to heart (which was easy, because my parents taught me to be a gleaner in life), and I have taken that to heart in teaching in a Charlotte Mason style.

There are so many amazing people who have gone before me, so I would like to help be a resource, and a pointer-out of resources to people. As I continue to search these people, books, and websites out; I want to share them with you.

So... what I am going to offer is consulting per hour and per document. I either have or will have documents about :
worship time and scripture study
picture study and artists to study
math
history & biographies
science and nature study and bios of scientists and naturalists
composers and study of music
how to choose good literature & book lists resources
tips on how to organize your days and weeks and seasons
lists of great online resources
tips for people who are homeschooling for only a season (for a short time between going to a "regular" school)
tips for missionaries

Hopefully these will be helpful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment